Wrote the original words to this, maybe 50 years ago.
Changed them and the emphasis of the song in August 2026, as the backing progressed on SUNO.
SUNO did provide something like I wanted, after much prompting, but it took a lot of editing to get the song to this point.
The video was simple. Thanks to Grok for the graphics.
"One life, and so little time to live it.
One time to stand up straight and strong.
We are only here for a minute,
So soon to be gone.
Turn me down for no reason?
I'm a man at the end of the day.
Though I might not be Mr. Perfect,
I might just be Mr. OK.
I have just one aching heart to offer,
It's all yours if you should wish to share,
It'll suit you so much more than that other man,
That Romeo who is so rarely there.
Take this lonely life if you want it,
Use it as you might use your own.
Without you in my life I'd be haunted
And alone.
Don't turn me away, I'm only human,
And a man at the end of the day.
Though I might not be Mr. Perfect,
I might just be Mr. OK.
Nothing more for me then, it's all over?
One night to remember, and what then?
Your tender heart beats only for another.
My darlin' fell hard for another kind of man.
She turned me away, but Lord knows I'm no quitter,
I'm a man at the end of the day.
Turns out that Mr. Perfect's gone forever,
Maybe now she'll make room for Mr. OK."
No comments:
Post a Comment