Juliette Don't Fret


Wrote and recorded this in September 2026, having been inspired by some lyrics I found in an old book of scribbles that I'd consigned to paper, perhaps, 50 years before.
"Tell me baby, did I come on strong?
Tell me true, did I do you wrong?
You're looking at me like I don't belong.
If you could just let me be so I can finish this song.

Come on, honey, won't you be my friend?
Please won't you tell me what you intend?
Won't you give a sad man a helping hand?
Your every little wish is my command!

Juliette, don't fret, it'll get better.
When you get mad, you know I get madder.
If you just let me be, so I can find the rhyme,
I'll go get a job on the assembly line.

Sometime in the future when I'm five miles high,
No dead beat tramp, but the coming guy.
Should you ever need a feller to kiss the sky,
I'll be the man, the man to try.

Got me a warm wind in my sail.
Got nowhere to go should our friendship fail.
Just when you know it's coming together.
You gonna turn me out in the winter weather?

Juliette, don't fret, it'll get better.
When you get mad, you know I get madder.
If you just let me be, so I can find the rhyme,
I'll go get a job on the assembly line.

You can make or break me, and you know it.
Once upon a time, you fell for a poet.
You loved the guy who plays and sings.
But I never was good at fixing things.

Juliette, don't fret, it'll get better.
When you get mad, you know I get madder.
If you just let me be, so I can find the rhyme,
I'll go get a job on the assembly line."

No comments:

Post a Comment